Saturday, July 23, 2011

Herman Wouk Books

This book, which I just finished moments ago is excellent. The story of an Author who gains success and lives a fast-paced life, taking place largely in New york City in the 40s and 50s. At about 800 pages it is quite an undertaking. I have been reading little bits at a time for months. It is amazing though and I just wanted to tell you about it.

And now Marjorie, which I read earlier this year, is also a fabulous book. Of the two this one is just slightly my favorite. The story of a young girl and her journey to maturity. As a girl the craziest thing about this book is that a man wrote it, it truly is mind boggling the insight into a young woman's brain he has. A must read!
I have been wanting to just share these books, because they are fabulous, the kind that make you smarter and make you shake your head at the things the author seems to have figured out. At least that's how Meg and I feel, and my folks too...


No comments:

Post a Comment