Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Yesterday

Was a tough one. This picture looks so lovely but if it was a video you would hear my screaming toddler in it. One of those days when you are just breaking down, losing all control, felt like I was being dragged through the mud. I don't know exactly what was happening with my girl for those hardest parts of yesterday, but I certainly was unable to fix them for her. I resorted to just holding her and rocking her for a while, which I would have done for the rest of the day if it meant she would just relax and rest, but of course there is someone else who needs me too! Thank God for prayer, which is where I turn in these moments, when my heart just leaps toward Him because I need to be being more than just myself, who is so far under qualified for handling myself in times like this. Today has begun better already, George is hangin here beside me in bed while Amelia still sleeps, (let's hope she does a lot more of that today, I suspected she may have a new bug by the end of the day bc she was doing some coughing ). Just the same thing so many others are dealing with, being a new mom, or just a mom in general, or just a person who's feeling utterly overwhelmed. But each day you have like this just makes you stronger right!? Above all I'm so thankful for my babies, who are perfect and healthy, and for my husband who supports me and is a dad who can really come to the rescue.

1 comment: